View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafwish View Post
Some help, thanks!
Is both the 4" midrange and 8" under-seat woofer a 100% fullrange or is there an in-line capacitors to filter some frequencies?
I somehow doubt that BMW would have a full range frequency going to the 4" door mids?!
If there is a cap of some sort on the 4" mid's wiring, running a pre-filtered signal to the 2 way split's input would create a serious compromise to their performance!
p.s. The underseat woofers are 4 ohm - not 2 ohm.
Weird, mine are 2 ohms I measured them in the shop and even says 2 ohms on them. Maybe a different set up because of EU?

I essentially by passed all things BMW except the speaker wires. I measured them with a fluke meter that gave both resistance and length. I then took a high end monster cable of equal length and measure resistive load. No difference.

The xover I used was home brew to give control on band pass. I took a xover from an old threeway speaker and put potentiometers to give adjustment control.

Some great news though. Focal has finally put out a nice set of 4" 100 mm that should fit based on depth and other measurements. The two I checked out ran $180 and $250 US dollars. Think I may go for a set and see how they work out.

I'll let you know. It will probably be about two weeks before Install them.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 09-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.