View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterasta View Post
That's what I'm going to do then. You like the Alpine better than the kappa? I listened to the alpine last night. No problems with them in my opinion just thought the kappas may handle the power a little better. You have any opinions on this?

Thanks for the help.

PS any mods to install the kappas? Or are they like the alpine as well
This version of kappas went in with no issues, but not sure if the are still using the smaller neodymium magnets. That can present a problem. The metal behind the speaker (actual door) is sloped and doesnt allow for oversized magnets like MB Quartz and some others.

No more than 2 " depth and you are safe. Width I don't have an exact measurement, but the Alpines fit just right.

The Alpine sound better imo as they are not as tinny and harsh on the highs. I used the same amp to drive both and no issues with a 4 x 75, 1 x 300 watt split Alpine amp.

Plus at half the cost you can replace all 4 speakers ( I highly recommend matching them) for the price on 2 infinity.

I am still in search of a little bit warmer texture, but for the price they are my favorite since they sound better then most speakers double their price if powered correctly.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 09-11-2011 at 06:23 PM.