View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
I just can't understand why BMW altered the 2011 5-Series Dynamic Handling Package and the Sport Package. They have made it more complicated and surrepticiously increased the price of buying both at once.
Deciphering the 2012 set-up, it appears that one can buy the sports package ZSP without Active Roll Stabilization ARS but you can't buy ARS without ZSP. This doesn't make any sense. The ZSP is meaningless without ARS.
There is confusion over what comprises Adaptive Drive. I initially thought that it is an umbrella term for combining Active Roll Stabilisation with Dynamic Damping. Yet the PDF stated that ARS is bundled with Adaptive Drive. I would be relieved if anyone can succinctly explain what Adaptive Drive is.
Furthermore does anyone know whether one can attain the Sport Packkage ZSP without Shadowline trim? I prefer cars that present a chrome trim. This brings out the Hoffmeister Kink and is a beautiful site especially against vivid dark paint. I don't see how making the car look sporty has anything to do with Shadowline trim.