View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4 2.5 convertible
Convertible Top Hinges?

Hi I'm a new member from Shediac NB Canada

I just purchased a 2004 BMW Z4 2.5 convertible.

I have a question about convertible top repairs.

I removed the power convertible top. It would not raise or lower. The top would unlatch from the top of the windshield and the windows partially lower etc. but nothing else happens.

I suspected after some research on this site that my motor/pump assembly was no good.

I ordered a new one online. I removed the top. I was surprised to find that the original motor looked as good as the new one except it was empty of oil. Maybe the hydraulic lines are empty too. I don't know

I found oil that appeared to be leaking from the hydraulic hinge? I'm not sure of the name, but the part that looks like a shock absorber or a jack that actually raises the top's frame when the pump/slash motor applies hydraulic pressure.

The part is on the left (drivers) side, the similar but opposite side part, is rusted as it was sitting in water but it doesn't appear to be leaking.

I haven't been able to find these parts on any online site. The left side has a number on it, PR365-A1131000 The right side is numbered PR365-A1130240

Anyone have any idea what the proper name is for these parts and where to find them. I figure it would be smart to replace both while the top is off.

Also if the lines have been drained of oil is there a fix?

Thanks

Last edited by Shediac NB; 09-19-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisement