09-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Seek to understand,^Value
Location: San Jose, California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
I think the confusion is partly due to TWO DIFFERENT lists of batteries.
Originally Posted by dvsgene
I am sure if BB wants a Dekka, we'll have the details soon enough.
The list I generated for this thread is merely a search of a SPECIFIC vehicle (namely the 2002 BMW 525i sedan) at SPECIFIC recommended LOCAL web sites (namely at Autozone, Kragen/O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, Napa, Winchester Auto Parts, etc.).
There 'is' a more complete list in this thread:
- How to test a BMW battery & alternator at home
You'll note that this more complete list, based on reading scores of 'what battery?' threads, contains the Deka ...
What battery to buy:
- OEM specs are Group 49, 720 CCA, vented
- BMW 184.108.40.2061.762
- USA 729905-10
- EN 12V 90Ah 720A
- SAE 160 RC 720 CCA.
- Aftermarket batteries (simply look for any Group 49/DIN H8 or Group 95/DIN H9 battery class size as per these threads (1) (2))
- Duralast 49-DL (Autozone, Walmart) <=== this is the most often recommended battery!
- Duralast Gold 94R-DLG, 730 CCA, 140 min reserve capacity
- Duralast Gold 95R-DLG, 850 CCA, 110 min reserve capacity
- Duralast Gold H8-DLG, 760 CCA, 100 min reserve capacity
- Deka 649MF
- Interstate Mega-Tron II
- Interstate Mega-Tron Plus
- Interstate MTP-93
- Interstate H9-110VW (MTP-H9)
- Batteries Plus Werker 95R-LI
- Bosch 94R 730B (Pep Boys)
- Bosch 49-850B (Pep Boys)
- PS Platinum 95R850PP (Pep Boys)
- Optima 34R
- Odyssey 1700
- Sears Die Hard 49
- Super Start 94REXT (Kragen, O'Reilly)
- Super Start 94REXTJ (Kragen, O'Reilly)
- Super Start 95R72J (Kragen, O'Reilly)
- Exide Classic 49-60 (850 CCA)
- Exide Classic 94R-60 (730 CCA)
- Exide Global Extreme L4/94R-E108 (790 CCA)
- Exide Global Extreme L5/49-E108 (900 CCA)
- Napa Legend International, BAT 7595R, 850 CCA, 190 min reserve
- Napa Legend International, BAT 7549, 900 CCA, 185 min reserve
- Napa Legend International, BAT 9849, 850 CCA, 170 min reserve
- Napa BAT 8449, 900 CCA, 185 min reserve