View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
I recall seeing the Orion Silver back when I purchased my Deep Sea Blue back in 2009.
That color seems to take on an ever so slight pinkish hue or rosy glow in the sunlight.

I have an Orion Silver and while it does sometimes have a more silvery appearance in some lighting and champagne in other lighting, it does not ever appear to have any slight pinkish hue or rosy glow in the sunlight. In bright sunlight it appears silver with a slight bronze tint.

I know where you are coming from with the pinkish hue. It seems like that comes through only in certain lighting in some amateur photos. I saw BMWS's initial press releases as well as the sales brochure and fell in love with the color. I then started seeing owners photos online and saw the slight pinkish hue and had to re-think my color choice. I then found one at a local dealer and observed it in different lighting and I did not see any pinkish hue so I ordered mine in Orion Silver and obviously have seen it in all different lighting and have not observed any rosy glow. I have however, observed it in some pictures that I have taken.

2006 Z4 30i - Monaco Blue, beige leather
2003 Z4 2.5- Sterling Gray, black leather
1998 Z3 2.8 - Bright Red, black leather