View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadstergalZ4 View Post
I have an Orion Silver and while it does sometimes have a more silvery appearance in some lighting and champagne in other lighting, it does not ever appear to have any slight pinkish hue or rosy glow in the sunlight. In bright sunlight it appears silver with a slight bronze tint.

I know where you are coming from with the pinkish hue. It seems like that comes through only in certain lighting in some amateur photos. I saw BMWS's initial press releases as well as the sales brochure and fell in love with the color. I then started seeing owners photos online and saw the slight pinkish hue and had to re-think my color choice. I then found one at a local dealer and observed it in different lighting and I did not see any pinkish hue so I ordered mine in Orion Silver and obviously have seen it in all different lighting and have not observed any rosy glow. I have however, observed it in some pictures that I have taken.
It appears as a pinkish hue to some during certain lighting, to the naked eye. It was over 2years ago, so my memory could be wrong as it may not have been during bright sunlight. I've not seen one since.

Regardless, I thought all the colors the Orion Silver projected looked good on the Z4. The same color on an SUV - not so much. Certain colors just look good on specific cars.