View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 AM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
I plan to "Roll the dice" for my November 7th delivery.

Either conditions will be sufficient to drive my M3 w/competition pkg on the tires it comes with, or I'll leave it at the Welt. Looking at historical data, it would be rare to experience daytime sub-freezing temps or snow in the first 10 days of November in Munich or anywhere along my tentative route: Munich -> Frankfurt -> Nurburg -> Luxembourg -> Reims -> Paris. I may have to wait a couple hours until the day warms up to get going, but even a dusting of snow overnight shouldn't seriously harm my progress since it'll likely evaporate/melt before I have to get underway.

Like zinp, if it looks bad a week out, I may make snow tire reservations. My hesitation has less to do with money/hassle, than completely screwing up my itinerary, since I'd like to drop off in Paris, after a lap of the 'ring and a stop at a couple Champagne houses.
I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.