View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroarke View Post
OK, don't shoot me ...

I just switched over the BMW X3 (30d Msport) after many years of driving those dammed RWD Merc C-class. I had the premium sound system in those, which used to be BOSE, then switched to Harmon Kardon.

I got the premium system in this new car, and I must say (contrary to most opinions above) that I find it quite splendid. I listen to a variety of music, from classical to hip-hop. Although I didn't find a system yet that can get down low with something like LFO (that's going back some years), it really does do a good job.

Incidentally, I did use the setting for the EQ. I found on this site. In the past days of spectrum analysers and graphics equalisers, I always found that slightly smiley face curve to the settings gives a good output.
Interesting. I was assuming that the upgraded sound system would sound very good to most people who are not hardcore audiophiles, but reading most of this thread made me doubt it. I might bother going to my dealer and seeing if they could show me the difference on their lot.

Curious, how did you decide between the Merc and the BMW in this case? (I'm in the same boat but have always driven BMWs so haven't as much experience on the other end.)