View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F25 35D MSport
I have the standard system in my F25, so whatever is standard for UK spec cars. Whether or not folks want an upgraded system is personal preference. I'm REALLY into music and hifi, I used to write for HiFi News and HiFi World magazines and now write for an internet mag. My home systems are really rather good delivering a massive level of involvement. The system in my F25 is a little average on FM but playing CD or MP3 the sound is pretty good. I've heard many good in-car systems, impressive they are for sure but they are miles (no pun intended!) away from what I look for in a home-based music system. A high degree of musical involvement is not a great idea IMO in a car, not for the driver anyway! If tunes-on-the-move and clear tight sound is what you crave then get an upgraded F25 audio system, if you're a somewhat resigned to the car being a place to get a musically ok sound and that it is not your primary music listening place, then you will probably find the standard system is all you need.