View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Sup3rman

Mein Auto: '11 E90 AW M3/ '11 AW X5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Really good point.

Good luck with the SA... did you ask the old SA who he'd recommend? I'd developed a relationship with the master mechanic who worked with my old SA (on the E39 under warranty)...when the time came to return to BMW warranty world, I asked the mechanic "who should I be talking to"..they know. He put in the word for me and my SA has been nothing short of perfect. Hard to believe, eh?

A
It's funny - I actually ran into my old SA at the Mini dealership next door (he's the head of service over there) during the BMW drive event.. I did ask about it, since I was just "assigned" someone for the next service. I took his suggestion (not as though I have a huge selection with a smaller dealership, though), but the brake issue with the 335i had me concerned (and irritated - I had to make another appointment 2 weeks out to have the dumb brake checked again, whereas my old SA would have had me come right in after a service and have it checked). I warned the new SA that all 5 stars would be hard to give in the future if I'm having to make repeat appointments for items that I clearly documented in the initial visit. . Since then, he does enough to get by, but not generally any more than required.

I don't purchase my cars from that dealership, as they are horrible with sales - but they seem to keep track of these kinds of details. When the M3 goes in for the initial service, I plan to visit a bit with the master mechanic and get a better relationship established (and possibly a bit more seasoned SA), as I will likely be adding a few goodies to the M3, and would like a pleasant and hassle free warranty experience. A service advisor that cares and enjoys the job makes all the difference sometimes.

2007 335i Coupe - 6MT Alpine White/Saddle Brown ED 5/23/2007 (retired)

ED Trip Report W/ Pics (And Engagement Story/Pics)