View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
All depends on where you really get to listen to your music. The one thing to remember is that like people all our hearing is different. Plus people dont realize that they are "taught" to hear a certain way.

There was a recent study done by the BBC that showed that people over 40 actually hear the difference between wav lossless audio over compresssed mp3's better than people under 40.

The idea is simple. They don't know what they are missing because they are generally not exposed to it.

I am also an audiophile, but not a purist. Unlike the purist that believes the music should be played as it was originally recorded, I am all about fine tuning the sound spectrum of what I hear. I have gone as far as putting a seperate processor that will actually do time alignment as well as frequency adjustments to compensate for poor audio quality.

Reason is simple. Washington DC has the worst traffic in the US. Nothing helps reduce a stressful traffic jam, like good music. My home system went from being a super tweak ADCOM amps Mangneplanar speakers Velodyne sub woofer to Pioneer receiver and Bose speakers. Reason, I listen to my family at home more than music.

The newer BMW is a little bit better than the E83 class, but ahve not heard their hi end system. My wife has an HK system in her Mini and its the first time a car mfg sound system has sound balanced to me. Hope they did the same with the F25 series.

Bottom line its all about perception, environment, and use. Ps love to read your site. Can you link to it please?
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 09-28-2011 at 02:22 AM.