View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 750Li, 11 MDX, 04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Thanks for the tips. Hmmmm....you think that BMW would try whatever it takes to get rid of this vibration issue...hmmm.

Hey like your id btw II Kings 9:20...didn't know what bible verse that was so I had to look it up and it made me laugh
Thanks, I actually granny drive more these days than "driveth furiously or like a madman" especially if los ninos are with me.

I think you are still in warranty and BMW should do what it takes to solve the vibration. Over on the LS460 forum, they have a wind noise problem coming from poor adhesive at the triangle just ahead of the mirrore. Lexus has installed dual pane glass and other concoctions fo fix it without resolution. A forum member found the issue, detailed a simple cheap solution, aolved the problem and Lexus corporate policy is not to accept any outside ideas (similar to many companies to protect them from litigation from roaylty claims were a company to use your idea).

BMW needs to farm the job out to a specialty tire shop (not Sears or Costco). I don't think "road force balancing" is the same as "on the car balancing" but it may be. Again, driveshaft, bent wheel, etc won't correct with balancing of any kind.

2008 750 Li Alpine White/Creme
The economy will get worse before it gets worse.