View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Touareg TDI
Yes but raining all day but was the Aussie rules grand final so was watching that on the tube anyway.

I installed the speakers today. The SPS-410 fit no problems.

I used the BSW youtube videos as a guide to removal of the door trim but I have to state there is one thing I would recommend you DO NOT do. When removing the door handle trim as BSW show - you WILL crack bits off the bottom of the trim. My trim pieces were on real tight. I found that the edge clips running up both edges are the issue - they are tougher than the centre clips. Leverage from the bottom does not directly tackle the edge clip pressure points.

So I did this for the last two. Start here with a panel removal tool.

Then gentle leverage OF THE GREY PLASTIC away from the trim will release the edge. Once you have the edge release then gentle leverage up both sides will pop off the trim with no damage.

Oh the speakers sound much better btw - worth the effort - one morning to do all four.

Last edited by x3oiler; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Better description of leverage required