View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 525i 2003, 323i 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa240sx View Post

By the way, I have an appointment with AAMCO this Wednesday at 9am. They will diagnose the issue and give me essentially a second opinion on the matter. Let me know what additive you tried using. I plan to use Rislone or Trans X and have not read too many good things about Lucas Oil Stabilizers.
Let us know what AAMCO says. Regarding the additive. I think it is FriktionTek for manual transmission. Again I do not see any change after I used it. But it has only been couple of months, and instructions said it has to pass like 2000 miles or so. I used it since I personally know the guy who uses that brand for all of his cars and he claims that it helped with similar noise issue in his Subaru.

Quote:
May I ask if the additive didn't really do anything, did you only add it once early in the 30K miles since driving with the whine?
No it did not. I used it recently.

Quote:
Did changing the tranny fluid do anything? Lastly, does the whine still only occur in 3rd and 4th?
Nope. Fluid change did not do anything either. I have been doing fluid changes about every 30000 miles or so.