View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Tailgate rattle and noise

Hi All,

This week, after the 5th attempt and 2 dealerships, I got my X5 back with the tailgate noise/rattle *fixed*. The SA/Tech acknowledged the noise and said they adjusted the tailgate and there is no noise.

However, I have to close the lower portion on the trunk so hard, you won't believe it. If I shut the lower part close, the upper part won't close using the "Red auto close button" until I force the lower part with a lot of force.

The noise is somewhat gone (not entirely) but now the lower part is pressed against the rubber and it squeaks.

When I took the delivery and was about to drive off, there was half an inch gap in the lower and upper parts. The SA then took it away and came back after 10 mins - the gap was gone this time - and told me to use more force then usual if I want to use the Auto close button.

Is it normal for the tailgate to be adjusted in way you actually have to use more force than usual? I feel like I'd break it in a few months if I use it everyday. The SA told me this is the only way the noise will go away. Any thoughts?

Last edited by smuggymba; 10-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Ads by Google