10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Join Date: Apr 2008
Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
I have a two part response to this video:
1) I agree with the consensus; these two clowns look like they should be driving Camaros and Mustangs and drinking Bud Light while having one hand down their pants, Al Bundy-style. Even if they are qualified to evaluate a luxury sedan, nobody's going to take them seriously because of the way they present themselves.
2) Subjective things aside, it's obvious that Audi put in a ton of effort to crush the 5-series with the C7. In almost every empirical measurement, the A6 wins, whereas before Audi would put out a car that was 0.8 seconds slower on the 0-60 run, or a few hundredths lower on the skidpad and they didn't give a rat's ass. The C7 is notably different in this regard, and for that Audi deserves a tip of the hat for upping the ante.
Meanwhile, with the F10, BMW did a cursory cosmetic update and added a few features they copied from the 7. The F10 is by no means a bad car (I have one ), but I'm sorry, you have to give Audi the gold metal here when it comes to improving their mid-size sedan over the previous model. BMW just kind of rested on its laurels and didn't really produce a game-changer this time around.
2008 535xi 6-sp
- Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi
- Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi
- Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -
Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ----
Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----
Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---