View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPsX5d View Post
This is not normal! My eight old year closes the lower piece with one hand, I pick him up and he pushes the "red button". That's it, no rattle, no squeaks.

Dealer tech competence varies significantly, try another dealer, try and use one that handles a lot of cars.

If one more visit fails, take it up directly with BMWUSA. You may want to take a video clip of you closing the tailgate, and if you have a camcorder with an external microphone, you might even be able to capture the sounds you mention. Visuals help catch people's attention quickly! Not suggesting you broadcast the video, but you can certainly let the BMW rep know, you will, if this is not fixed to the way it is supposed to be!

Chances are, one or more of the tailgate panels is outside the design tolerance limit and that is causing this issue. Replacing these panels should solve this problem. This assumes the dealer tech knew what he was doing and have adjusted it to the max possible!
I'll email/call BMW NA today. I have already been to 2 dealers - BMW North and Momentum here in houston and this was the 5th attempt. Is there a way to get tin touch directly with a BMW tech and not through the stealership?

Last edited by smuggymba; 10-13-2011 at 06:20 AM.