View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330i
New Guy Not Knowing A Damn Thing...

2004 330i 77k Silver

I bought it from a private seller while in Nevada about two months ago. drove it 6 1/2 hours outh to California with it completely packed out since I was moving. I left the car untouched for 2 weeks after that long drive.
Upon my return I turned the car on and let it run for about a half hour before taking it out for a little cruising. Took it for a ride just right through the country side for about 45 minutes to an hour but during that time an alert lit up on the dash. Its a COG with an " ! " in the center of it. I was getting problems from the SMG and the car would restrict itself from the current speed and slow down. Well i managed to get it home and since then i have had it in the garage. Its only been about 4 days since that happened but since then i have only applied a LUCAS ATF Treatment. I ran the car up and started shifting through the gears without moving the car for a few minutes. The machines whirring and making all of what i assume are normal sounds along with a knock. After a few blocks the COG and ! came back along with an F to the left of it this time and the N to the right and the car came to a standstill in the middle of the road.
I turned off the car and turned it back on, quickly drove back home.

Thats my story haha, sorry for making it so long.

If i can get some or any help from anyone i will greatly appreciate it. I am extremely new to all of this.

10/18/2011 - Just walked in the house from taking a look at the codes the car has and heres what I got;

PO 174
PO 171
PO 700

Last edited by RudeSwags; 10-18-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added information...