View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshort77 View Post
Thanks,
I will give the VMware player a shot. It might be good to update the VMware section of the first post too.

It (belatedly) occurs that I may be able to help somewhat more. It seems that VMware Player stores everything it needs in a set of files, maybe. See the attached JPG for my directory. Perhaps one could:
1 download my set of files
2 install VMware Player
3 set up VMnet settings with vmnetcfg.exe
4 use Player to run a virtual machine from my files
EasyDIS might just start up without any of the installation agony.

Or, perhaps someone knows in advance if this approach will work - yes or no? There may be machine specific setting that I'm oblivious to - oops, Bluebee may be watching - to which I am oblivious. Probably yes, or others would have been uploading "installed" file sets already.

Now for the snag. I have zero experience uploading large files. I have BitTorrent but only ever downloaded; never made a link to start an upload. Don't have an account at a file server such as 4Shared. Not aware of other options. (When I need to transfer large files I use a USB key - the modern version sneaker net)

If someone provides detailed, step by step instructions, I'm willing to make the attempt. If all works and EasyDIS starts up for someone - great. If not, only a little time lost.

FYI, the RAR archive for my ~4GB EasyDIS directory is 691 MB (724,682,924)

Regards
RDL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VM_files.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	297084