View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshort77 View Post
@RDL,
That is an interesting idea. The info about vmware player says it will run virtual machines created elsewhere, however, it looks as though you are running DIS 57 and Progman. I was planning on the DIS 44 route, as I dont have the disk space to run Progman, and I am still trying to keep it (relatively) simple.

I am wondering though, I created the virtual machine using VMware workstation (it did let me do that, just not start it). I am wondering if I could just use it instead of creating a whole new one using VMware player.

This just gets better all the time...
I have EasyDIS (which I put in a file set labeled GT1 - to my regret), Progman & DIS V57 all installed and running. I pick which to use from the Player menu. So, what you see listed in directory GT1 is in fact EasyDIS, i.e. V44. Also the one in the RAR archive I described.

I then copied the V44 directory, as a separate directory/file set, and upgraded it to V57 with more recent car files which does diagnostics only. Mostly to see if there was any difference in diagnostics for my E39 - none that I've observed. V57 is about 5GB on disc.

Progman is 22 GB on disc.

Regards
RDL