View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: 530i 2003
Originally Posted by mrshort77 View Post
That is an interesting idea. The info about vmware player says it will run virtual machines created elsewhere, however, it looks as though you are running DIS 57 and Progman. I was planning on the DIS 44 route, as I dont have the disk space to run Progman, and I am still trying to keep it (relatively) simple.

I am wondering though, I created the virtual machine using VMware workstation (it did let me do that, just not start it). I am wondering if I could just use it instead of creating a whole new one using VMware player.

This just gets better all the time...
I have EasyDIS (which I put in a file set labeled GT1 - to my regret), Progman & DIS V57 all installed and running. I pick which to use from the Player menu. So, what you see listed in directory GT1 is in fact EasyDIS, i.e. V44. Also the one in the RAR archive I described.

I then copied the V44 directory, as a separate directory/file set, and upgraded it to V57 with more recent car files which does diagnostics only. Mostly to see if there was any difference in diagnostics for my E39 - none that I've observed. V57 is about 5GB on disc.

Progman is 22 GB on disc.