View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
Bearing in mind I use the cheapest gas I can find (at the lowest octane I can get away with), my injectors may very well be clogged!
- What is the cost differential between 87 & 91 octane AKI (1)

The main thing I don't like about getting injectors serviced is I'd like to 'know' they're bad before sending them out. So I'd want to test them first. Somehow.

Plus, you don't even get 'your' fuel injectors back when you send them out.

When I recently replaced my spark plugs, all looked good.

Plus, I have 'lean conditions"; not misfire conditions, per se.

A few months back, we pulled the injectors from a v8 engine (BMW) from a friend of mine's car.
The shop that cleaned them, handed out a nice report with the condition of each injector pre and post. 3 or 4 of them (I cannot recall exactly) had less than 30% flow. All had the spray pattern out. The car had about 140 k miles (225 k Km). Those were his injectors before and after. They don't inter change them. If one is toast, they tell you so, and you will have to buy a new one. At least that's how they operate here, where I live.
If you have "lean" condition, and IF it's related to injectors, you need new O-rings.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby