View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Bimmer Loyalist

Mein Auto: E24 E39 E83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshort77 View Post
OK, I tried to install VMware player on my dell D600. It would not install with an error saying that my computer did not have certain features necessary. So I started going back in the versions from 4.0, backwards. The older versions gave me more specific messages, like exactly what CPU instruction was necessary, like CMOV, etc. When I got to 2.5, it finally installed. But it doesn't look like 2.5 will create a virtual machine, it will only run them or an "appliance" if you already have one.

Which version of VMware player works? I might try RDL's image, but I only have a 40Mb HD, so I am not sure how if that will work well.

For that matter, what versions of the VMware workstation might work? Are these untested? I hate to think I bought a computer that is just short of being able to do all this stuff.
I'm using all the software that came with Randomy's package. I purchased a Dell D610 to use with the software but I did have to upgrade the ram to 2gigs and the hard drive to 120gigs. All and all the computer and the upgrades costs all together about $150. Once upgraded all the software provided installed correctly with no errors, except for progman. Still working on that one. Allthough, INPA and DIS are all you need to really diagnose the vehicle. Answer to your question ; using VMWare workstation 6.0.2.