View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzakaria View Post
Hi i have a bmw 323i sedan year 2000 and the front wheels are squeaking it starts to squeak after i drive 5 or so miles and then when i brake and make turns im not sure what the problem is i was told it was the rotors so i got them changed as well as the brake pads i bought the parts from autozone after the next day of replacing new rotors and brake pads they are still squeaking i feel very embarrassed driving my car can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
Brakes don't usually "squeak", they "squeal".

If it is happening when you brake and turn, it sounds like it happens when the front suspension is "loading". In that case, it is likely suspension related (springs, shocks, bushings).

It could be dry sway bar bushings which would be a cheap and easy fix (just remove and grease). THe sway bar rotates within the rubber bushing as the front of the car goes up and down which happens when you brake and turn. If they are dry, they will cause a squeak. Worth a look there first.

If that's not it, you will have to look at other suspension parts.

If you can get the front up on ramps and have someone "bounce" it, you may be able to isolate the sound.

Good luck.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim