View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzakaria View Post
it squeals very loud in an interval like a squealing siren while driving under 25mph and i noticed when i turn the steering wheel to the right it would squeal not sure on bumps but i will try tomorrow i was really thinking about getting the rotors and brake pads change to oem but if that not the problem i guess i dont need to i just want to squealing to go away and i cant tell if its rust on rust or metal on metal
Okay. Well that's a different kind of sound then.

Could be the power steering belt/pulley/tensioner or one of the other pulleys or tensioners. They're at the front of the engine behind the radiator.

Can you get it to make the sound while stationary and turning the steering wheel to the right? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim

Last edited by djstrachan; 10-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.