View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
I had the upgraded maintenance on mine and it was well worth it. I paid about ~1200 for my car at the time (which was back in 2005, IIRC). The dealer changed all of the brakes and rotors twice during that time...in addition to Inspection I & II, and an oil service. I think they also changed the oxygen sensors because I took it in right before it hit 100K.

However, I wouldn't bother buying it now. Buy it when you are close to 50K. For whatever reason you may decide not to keep the car or your mileage needs may change. And when you decide to get it, shop around. You might get a better deal by just calling around and you don't even have to buy it in person...you can just use a key and mail it to them so they can get the mileage from it.

The best part about having this and the extended warranty together is that the car gets serviced like a new car till 100K. There is absolutely no haggling with the dealer about any kind of fine print. Defective part, worn part, whatever...it gets fixed.
So this is separate from an extended warranty? I didn't see the extended warranty option on the BMW website, is that dealer specific? But the extended warranty is if something major breaks, right? I can't go to the dealer at 99k and be like "hey, can you guys replace my radiator and transmission so it's like new for the next 100k?" Can i also buy the extended warranty at any time?