Thread: New 2012 128i
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Euro Car Aficionado

Mein Auto: 2014 Cayman
New 2012 128i

You know the story: You go to the dealership to drool over pretty cars and you end up driving one home, or rather driving a 1 home. Well, it happened yesterday. Went to BMW of NW Arkansas to check out the new 2012 128i in Alpine White. Drove the car, loved the car, leased the car.

We traded in our 2010 VW Golf (pictured below) which has been a nice car for more than a year now but just doesn't even begin to compare to the 1. The best, and kind of embarrassing, part were all the awesome surprises we discovered on the 1 hr 45 min ride home. I once swore to myself that I would never go into a car deal ignorantly, but I did anyway. At least the surprises were all good surprised, like auto-dimming side view and rear view mirrors, Blue tooth, BMW assist, leather at no extra charge instead of vinyl, etc. Needless to say, this was more of a step up from the Golf than we were anticipating.

I won't go into the nitty gritty of the lease but I will say that they accepted my rather firm offer of $200 above invoice price and that shocked the hell out of me. As my CA said, or sang, "you get what you negotiate."

So we're in for 3 years/36k mi. First lease and first new BMW and I am happy with the outcome.

I apologize for the less than stellar iPhone pictures. Here she is:

Out with the old:

And in with the new!

1984 Austin Mini Mayfair
1999 Ford F150
Advertisement