View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '91 E30 / '07 X3
Shocks:
Don't have the sports package. Was considering (eventually) switching out all shocks / struts for the bilstein Heavy Duties.
I've done some e30 suspension work, so I'm not too too intimidated by this. Just wish it were still summer, that's all.

Acceleration stuttering:
Yes, you and I have the same symptoms... heavy acceleration with other people in the car, can be somewhat unnerving / annoying, due to the stupid stuttering.
It's slightly noticable when I'm in the car by myself, but very noticable with others in the car and/or acceleratng up hill.
When towing 4000 lbs of trailer behind me (the reason for new shocks) I never really paid attention, but I don't think it was as noticable.
And there surely was no difference in the car's behavior after towing.

Digging on the internet seems to point to bad 02 sensors on the X3.

TBH, I haven't actually changed any of them yet, but it's on my list of things to keep an eye on. Also, they're not cheap.
But, put a different way... my old e30 used to have a lot of noise coming from the rear end... and nothing short of installing a newly rebuilt posi-diff solved that issue.
So I wouldn't be surprised.

Have you gone after any of the "low hanging fruit" like changing spark plugs, the fuel pump/filter, or tranny fluid?
I haven't changed any of these things cause I'm not seeing the types of symptoms that would push me in these directions.

What have you tried, to attempt solving this problem?

BMWCCA Member

Last edited by ngcreese; 10-31-2011 at 02:39 PM.