View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 x5 4.4, 2010 M3 conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stussy109 View Post
Once I went diesel, I don't think I could ever go back. People complaining about the sound are upset they don't have a sports car sound coming from an SUV. The diesel sounds like a truck, and I like it that way, sounds powerful. The torque is addicting and so is going 600 miles on one fuel tank. 425lbs/torque in the diesel vs 300lbs/torque in the gasser is a BIG difference especially when it comes to moving a 5000lb vehicle with passengers.It has 41% more Torque which is what moves the car. ALL the power is available from about 1600 rpms-3200 rpms meaning its right there ready to use. I thouroughly enjoy blowing by cars when needed, but get embarrassed having to rev the engine to do so, with the diesel it quick and effortless when passing, tap the pedal and go. Torque is what moves the car, horsepower is about moving up the rpm band, which u dont really do in an SUV. Go Diesel. Diesel is everywhere nowadays if u live in any normal area. Also not sure how long u plan on keeping it, but diesels get better with age.
Lol a friend of mine complimented my 2010 m3 sound as truck so it is all subjective. As long as you are happy who cares? My son calls 550gt ugly child of BMW but IMHO it drives and handles better than any thing with that engine, x6 is called ugly, misfit. I just saw little m1 and it is no looker , no offense!

People all mini coopers frogs...so what?