View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Here's my two cents from actually owning a Q7 and driving the rest of them many times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_UKTX View Post

According to Consumer Reports, the X5d is ranked among one of the "Most Satisfying" luxury SUV's to drive. The Cayenne and the Toureg are not.
I love the quotes from CR.

I never talked about how good they are to drive. There is only one other better driving SUV on the market and that's the Cayenne. It's significantly more expensive though. It's been shown in almost every magazine that the Cayenne is possibly the best to drive SUV out there. Not the X5.

Quote:

However, I can tell you that the Cayenne, Q7 and Toureg all have the distinction of being on the "Most Unreliable" list of SUV's. There are only six SUV's listed as most unreliable - the other three being two Ford's and a Caddy. The BMW X5, on the other hand, has "Average Reliability" and received CR "Recommended" status.
As someone who's actually owned a Q7, among other VAG products, I can tell you that the Q7 is a better built car any day. The sheet metal is thicker, the interior is better finished, carpet is thicker, it's quieter on the highway. But realize, what I'm saying. I never said it is better to drive than the X5 because its not. The BMW's forte is the driving dynamics and superb diesel engine.

I had the Q7 for 4 years and had zero issues with it, just like almost everyone over on Quattroworld and Audiworld. (Two forums I frequent, even now).

Quote:

Based on that, I'd venture to say that the Toureg and it's ugly sisters are NOT better quality than the X5. Again, just my two cents based on the available data.
What's funny is that I frequent Audi, VW, Porsche, and BMW forums and us, X5 owners, seem to be having exponentially more issues with our cars than the VAG "ugly" sister owners.

There was even that eco friendly Motor Trend SUV where the X5d placed last and the Treg TDI placed first.

Before anyone starts spewing out crap about me being a VAG fanboy, here's my review of my old Q7 and my current X5d http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...879&highlight=

Last edited by AutoUnion; 11-02-2011 at 07:46 PM.