View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E63 TT S-model
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamein1212 View Post
Hey Kief, I do hope all is well my friend. I have been dealing with the famous "ClUNK" sound while downshifting from 2nd to 1st also. I had my Guibo replaced about a week ago and still am experiencing this same harsh downshift. Since the "Guibo replacement it does feel better but it only decreased what used to be a very loud "CLUNK & HARSH DOWNSHIFT" to a downshift that's now not as "LOUD AND HARSH BUT STILL VERY NOTICEABLE".

After looking at you DYI on the Guibo i noticed that there are a few other parts besides the guibo that may cause slack in the drive train. Could the center bearing, driveshaft, transmission mount possibly cause the slackage within the drivetrain and whats the possibility that my driveshaft is bad???
I am experiencing this too. I clicked on the Resource - FAQ for 745i/Li & 760Li (E65,E66) and it took me to THIS and got this

"Transmission shifts are less than smooth at low speeds or stops?

This problem also seems to be corrected by software updates. Confirmed latest update is CIP 9.2 (the version number is show on your work order if any software updates were done)."

1. Would the software update help out?
2. How much does the software update cost?
3. Can i do the software update myself without any special tools?