View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentStrange View Post
I've just got my 4th check engine light in a year. 1st one had something to do with the intercooler and they had it for 2 weeks fixing it. 2nd one was a software update of some kind. 3rd one air temp sensor failure, not sure about this one yet but it's not giving me a lot of confidence in BMW products. Anyone else have 35d's with all these problems? I also have some electrical problem with the rear license plate light - on sometimes, off other times...

This is the most problematic car I've ever owned - do I just have a dog or is everyone else experiencing this too?
Update - just fixed the charge air sensor for the 5th time - had enough...contacted BMWNA for the lemon law buy back. We'll see how that goes. So far no call back in a week. You'd think they could do some root cause evaluation and stop whatever it is that's causing this after a few years. I've had mine for 2 years now so every 5-6 months I need to get the intercooler sludge cleaned out and sensors replaced (sometimes the EGR, always the air temp sensor).