View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i ** 2002 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
SIB 12 09 11
You have to be specific about what the problem is so the SA will write the RO correctly. When the tech reads it he will search and find the SIB. Anyway I got this done and the jerky throttle is totally gone:

Problem: Delayed throttle response when driving off.

*** Suggestion***
I would just keep it simple and tell them the above. If you start going into a long winded story about jerky transmission, throttle tip in, turbo lag and SIB numbers, the SA is going to look at you like you need therapy. A lot of people go into the service departments with print outs of forums and I know this does little to help your cause. Techs look for simple solutions, keep it simple. Don't go there and tell them you need SIB 12 09 11. Go there and say, I have "Delayed throttle response when driving off."
I agree...also read through my thread, i posted the fix and exactly what to tell your SA, others posted as well

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=545870

2011 535i*Jet Black*Oyster/Black Interior*P1*P2*Convenience Package*Split Fold Rear Seats*Anthracite Wood*

2002 325ci*Silver Metallic*Grey Interior*5 speed* Burlwood*Premium*Ski pass through

2006 X3 *retired*

1979 Chevy Corvette*White*Red Interior* 30,000 original miles