View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 View Post
My car (July '11 build) is going in on Thur. for the dreaded 535 tip-in issue and I want to be sure I let them know what needs to be done in case I get an "operating within normal limits" response.

Anyone who's had this problem and had it resolved? If you could provide the specific software "fix" (SIB) that took care of it I'd be very appreciative.
Be careful with all the advice you are getting here. A lot of folks do not realize that the early 2010 models have apparently suffered from a totally different behaviour than the later 2011 models. Late 2011 models do not exhibit the jerky shifts and hesitation, only a delay from the stop, so it is in your best interest to describe your own symptoms rather than consulting on this forum too much (unless you ask very specifically). I have provided a VERY SIMPLE TEST which was to verify a delay, but guys like TJpark and few others quickly discounted it as useless as if they were in plain denial. Others have also shrugged it off as if "i won't be performing any dumb tests which do not reflect the reality". Still others did not notice any delay (despite them having one 100%, sometimes realizing it only after performing the test). Hence this issue is so complicated. Let me know if you need me to copy and paste that info one more time. It will verify your car's condition with 100% certainty (when it comes to the delay, not jerkiness etc., that's different issue which by the sounds of it have long been resolved with soft. update).

Good luck...