View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
I posted my lemon story. http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...5alj98900.html

BMW is trained to deal with verbal complaints and just hold you off...if you have reached the statutory requirements for a lemon in WA, document it and send them a certified letter- they will respond. One thing that DOES take some time is that they need to get your local dealer to say "yes, it is a lemon"..if the dealer is being difficult- (ie they are partially to blame, or they are just being dicks) it may be more of a challenge. Have they already asked that you document your issues and why it is a lemon?

GL

A
At pickup of this 5th fix the dealer (service advisor) told me to call BMWNA when I told him I wanted to pursue a lemon law buyback. On the 4th fix I told them that was the last shot at this and it better work - so they had the regional eng and BMWNA weigh in and did their best...didn't work obviously. Called BMWNA told me they'd need 3-5 days....after 5 days...silence...so I called on day 5 and they wanted 3-5 more days so I mailed them certified mail per the WA lemon law requirements. I had thought BMW would be cooperative to resolve this without putting the screws to them...maybe not.

I would not be surprised if the dealer was being difficult but I haven't heard anything so don't know. They haven't asked me to document anything - the dealer told me they all have all the records (but I do as well). Told them I want the buy back as I don't have confidence that this won't happen with the next one. Dealer's 80 miles from my house so frequent trips are a royal pain and with the loaner every time....2 trips so 320 miles of driving...not acceptable.