View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: 03' BMW 3 Series MSpecs
Talking Awesome news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnasr View Post
That's exactly why I went with the OEM part from www.autohausaz.com. It was an exact match for the one I took off.

There is an audible sound when I pull the lever. It will spray over the top of the windshield with the top down...

The windshield pump was 22 and change, plus shipping.

I would check the hoses for clogging (calcium, etc) and the fuses also. Hope it's not the switch itself, as I think that entails removing the steering wheel and a lot of wiring to be careful of.

Good luck.

P.S. Since I live in AZ, when they ship to me, I always get the parts the next day...

Super excited! So after some thought and a good nights rest I figured Id get up and try it again. I know that I do not have headlight blades, nor the actual spritz nob in front, so I knew that a pump would not be the culprit. Turns out my special little car (with factory MODS) did come equipped with a lot of gadgets made for my model but are not actually in working condition. Im assuming that if this is something that I considered installing that it would be there and ready for use.

ANYHOW, I had this funny feeling that it was odd when I did pull the lever that only one of my pumps was actually operating and it wasnt my new one! So, today was a beautiful day out and even though I just painted my nails I was determined to get to the bottom of this. hahaha
Took out the tank and started taking apart the sensor from that and then I unplugged the sensor and tested them at one at a time on the pumps. Turns out that the actual sensor that goes into the pump is not working! Considering that I do not need a headlight sensor I said frigg it and just plugged it into the window washer pump. Took the tank plugged it all back together and voilą !! the fluid was being dispensed onto my windows.

Finally no more lights on my dashboard! (knock on wood) & oh yeah the grommet took car of that leak problem. Did all this without even chipping the paint on my nails! Thanks smnasr for your insight!