View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 Diesel xDrive35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentStrange View Post
At pickup of this 5th fix the dealer (service advisor) told me to call BMWNA when I told him I wanted to pursue a lemon law buyback. . . . Dealer's 80 miles from my house so frequent trips are a royal pain and with the loaner every time....2 trips so 320 miles of driving...not acceptable.
Curiosity question - does the lemon law/buy back have to go through the dealer you bought the car from, or can it go through the nearest BMW dealer? What happens if you move and the dealer is now a plane ride away?

Reason for asking - for my last two vehicle purchase I PDF the exact options I want, indicate the MSRP and invoice price for that particular vehicle, indicate the price I am will to pay (invoice price + $XX). I send an email to about five dealers and see what happens. Most of the time the large volume dealer will bite - reason - even if he doesn't make much money on this particular sale, it helps to keep the sales volume high and that has positive repercussions for the dealer. For me, it saves the trouble of listening to an ill-informed sales guy telling me things that I know are not true! But it also means I picked up my X5d nearly 400 miles from where I live! Service was never an issue - a good sales experience does not necessarily translate to good service experience - I find the largest volume dealer in my area and use them for service - logic - even if the techs are not particularly sharp, sheer practice will "hopefully" make them reasonably good!