View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5strive View Post
Hey guys,

I drive a 2003 4.4 X5. It has about 111,000 miles on it and unfortunately im having terrible transmission problems with it. Simply putting it into drive, I need to wait a good 5 seconds until the car is in gear. I took it to my local dealership and they said they would have to replace the entire transmission for about half of what the car is worth now. Is there a way to fix an automatic transmission without replacing the entire thing? I'm considering just selling the car.
thanks

EDIT: I actually have a 2003 X5 4.4i, with the 5 speed transmission, not the 6 speed found in the 2005 and up. As i posted further down also, the car is having clutch problems I believe, the transmission slips hard almost in any gear, and jumps and catches gear. I dont beleive that changing the mezatronic unit or upgrading the firmware for the tranny control will help me in this situation.
Hi,, tell me exactly what problems you are having with the gearbox, I have repaired countless gearbox problems without the need for the transmission to be replaced.

Cheers
Gerry