View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
MT = Doppler Shifting

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokelizard View Post
Don't know, maybe I'll try something else, like the Kluberplex adhesive recommended by timfitz63...
Some more details on that lubricant:
  • I haven't tried getting it from a BMW or MINI dealer yet; and in fact, they may not want to sell it...?
  • The information I found online regarding the lubrication procedure for the panorama roof on the MINI (obviously a different mechanism entirely) showed a photo of the can, which was labeled "Kluberplex BE 11-462." I managed to track that to a couple of places:
  • In reviewing the information presented on their web site by AL&MS, it would appear that the BE 11-462 lubricant is for metal (not plastic) applications, but that would need to be verified through the manufacturer or AL&MS. So, this may not be the correct stuff for the X3 roof mechanism... The Kluber Lubrication web site offers this interactive guide for automotive lubrication solutions, including window lifters and sunroofs, but the BE 11-462 lubricant does not appear to be listed...

I'll research more when I have some time; or anyone else is welcome to take the baton and run with it for a while...

X3 w/6-speed & Sport Package:
A sports sedan disguised as an SUV...