View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 525I
Almost a month has passed now. Just a quick update. The Lubro Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction For Gears didn't do squat for my tranny whine. The good news is the noise basically remains the same. I only hear it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear and does seem to quiet down when the engine warms up. I know I'm driving a ticking time bomb here, but so far so good. I've already got three different tranny sources to go to once it fails and will be tackling my biggest mechanical job to date - a transmission drop and replace only when this current tranny does fail. Hope to do this at a local shop that rents out garage time.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to try a thicker transmission oil to see if that does anything to quiet it up. Oaksenov - How did your mystery oil work out for you?
- 2003 525I Sedan - Manual Tranny, M-tech Bumpers Front/Rear, shadowline, M5 Mirrors, 19" Miro 279's, NNR Coilovers, Front lip, 50% tint, Dinan ECU Stage II, Dinan CAI, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, DICE Ipod, Connects2/Parrot Bluetooth, SSK Kit, AC Schnitzer Shift Knob, CDV Delete,
- 2008 R350 Mercedes Wagon
- 1998 M3 Coupe - Manual Tranny, completely stock