11-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Seek to understand,^Value
Location: San Jose, California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 automatic
Did we ever, tribally, come to a conclusion yet on which 'brand' of FSU to buy?
To answer a question by someone over here:
- E46 (1999 - 2006) > Bad final resistor need help.
I re-read this entire thread, and modified the (often conflicting) recommendations to the following:
Q: What would you recommend we change on this group anecdotal recommendation?
- Sitronic/Bosch (made in Germany)
- ACM (made in Germany)
- Behr/Hella (made in Germany)
Probably not recommended:
- Behr/Hella (made in China)
- GKR/Valeo (made in France)
- GKR/Siemens (made in France)
Highly probably not recommended:
- Power Pro
- Deutsche Parts/Hamburg Technic (sold on Ebay, made in China)
NOTE: Many FSUs are double branded; and very many are tri branded; some are even quad branded - so they are listed above in the order of who actually manufactured them.
Last edited by bluebee; 11-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.