View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
Hello All,

What's been your experience with closing the doors on your GT's, those without the softshut option? I stopped by the dealer today for something else and the service team noticed how they did not shut easily right away. Even said that "closing them twice will get old quick".

Do you find you have to slam your doors to close, and/or they are not closing easily?

-snip-

Thanks in advance.

Wardman
I have an F10 and my driver's side door (no soft-close option) was difficult to close; i.e. often when I tried to swing it shut it wouldn't latch. Point being it's not just a frameless window issue. My other doors close fine. I was going to bring it back but was afraid that my dealer's crew would have to remove the door card and all the associated gimmickry and would, as a result, cause many more problems (e.g. leaks, switches not working). So I've left it and, frankly, it has loosened up considerably over the six months I've had the car. There are still times when, say, a parking attendant or other valet will try to swing the driver's door shut and it won't latch, but lately those times have been few and far between.

Just FYI.

Last edited by nlk10010; 11-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.