View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
If the engine now turns over, then you have successfully bypassed the EWS. You will now have to go through a no-start diagnosis procedure. It is either a fuel supply issue or a spark issue. The diagnosis procedure is too long to go through in one short post, but, if you have some DIY skills, then search this forum for "Bentley manual". There is a link that you can download the manual. You need to go through it to learn how to diagnose the problem.

The most common causes of a no-start situation are: Failed crankshaft position sensor (CPS), failed fuel pump fuse, failed fuel pump relay, failed fuel pump, clogged fuel filter and failed main (DME) relay. If you rule out all other causes, then it is a possibility that the DME itself has failed. That is what happened with my E36 in the original post on this thread. Now that you have bypassed the EWS, a red label DME should work. Look for a used one in your area or you can get one off of E-bay usually.

I know this is not a full-on tutorial on how to check for each, but they are covered in the Bentley manual.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold