View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xDrive28i
When I reported the dead start hesitation issue the Dealer's stance was that this is part of the animal, that I already have the latest in terms of software and that the adaptive transmission will eventually adjust to my driving style (give & take). The vehicle is still very low in mileage. They did not even enter it on the Service Worksheet.

I also reported a minor oil leak about midway under the vehicle and upon investigation the mechanics reported that it was a transmission transfer case seal that was leaking. A very rare occurrence for a new vehicle. They kept the X3 for an extra day and replaced the faulty seal. I don't know what else they may have done (if anything) in terms of transmission related work but the hesitation issue has greatly diminished since. It does not really bother me as much now.

I bounced the faulty seal issue off non BMW mechanics who reported that this can happen to just about "any" vehicle. Could be as simple as a non detectable crack in a seal and it is a matter of time until the leak happens. These cats told me that I was lucky that it happened while the vehicle is under warranty.

The new winter Pirelli 210 Sottozero Serie ll tires & new wheels have been installed. I went for the 18" wheels. The thread is only a hair above 9/32nd in terms of thickness. Anxious to see how they perform in winter.