Just cause you "can't find it anywhere" doesn't mean it's fact....- it's part of smartphone integration - it uses the car antenna - taught at every BMWNA sales training meeting on apps that each dealer went thru in 2011.
and correct - MOG has nothing to do with the cradle - the media cradle has been used since apps started.
From the sales training bulletin given to all dealers in August 2011:
Full integration of BMW Apps
1. Full iPhone charging
2. Improved reception by using the car's external antenna
3. A fan to ensure normal operating temperature of the
iPhone, thus reducing the likelihood the phone will go
into "failsafe" mode (which prevents proper charging)
4. Video playback
- Must be a video clip uploaded via iTunes, not a video shot using the phone's video camera
5. PlugIn "iPod out" functionality
- Provides the look and feel of an iPod in the iDrive
display, with full iPod control via iDrive
o Allows for the use of Genius playlists, as well as the
creation of new Genius playlists within
and the actual doc from that training class:
'12 Z4 2.8 - Melbourne Red
'09 Accord Coupe LX-S - Red/black
Last edited by Glen E; 11-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.