View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes98 View Post
Bad pump nozzle bent at the top and bottom, from what I don't know but happens all the time. I notice it more with diesel pumps where a lot of trucks use them. The two release tabs are on the top and bottom for the filler door. Rotate the pump handle 90 degrees and viola...then rotate back. Good to go.
My wife has reported this same issue at the diesel station that is closest to our house. She even asked a truck driver to help her and he was stumped, which goes along with another poster's experience.

I've noticed that the nozzles here are dented, and I've had to struggle a bit to get them to work at times, and in retrospect the rotating may have done the trick.

But another thing I've noticed is that this station has a coil wrapped around the nozzle; looks like it may be a spring, but maybe it's some sort of vapor recovery line. Anyway, I've noticed that unless I tilt the handle up, this spring-like contraption hangs up and prevents the nozzle itself from adequately "penetrating" the fill pipe.

No now we have two suspects. But maybe it is Major Mustard inthe dining room with a candlestick who is the real culprit!

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic