View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e36, e92, e70, e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post

But another thing I've noticed is that this station has a coil wrapped around the nozzle; looks like it may be a spring, but maybe it's some sort of vapor recovery line. Anyway, I've noticed that unless I tilt the handle up, this spring-like contraption hangs up and prevents the nozzle itself from adequately "penetrating" the fill pipe.

No now we have two suspects. But maybe it is Major Mustard inthe dining room with a candlestick who is the real culprit!
quackbury, what happen to your duck, its morphed into a monkey?

The spring thingy is to keep the nozzle from slide out on trucks filler necks. Those are a pain especially when they get "stretched" out. Trucks don't have the mis-fuelling filler doors that stop you from putting in the unleaded fuel nozzle in. Truck filler necks are bigger to allow AG diesel nozzles which do not fit without that nozzle adapter in the back. The release for the mis-fuelling filler door is on the top and bottom. If both are not pressed in at the same time the door will not open. By rotating the nozzle you get the right diameter and that opens the door. The dents in the nozzle gives the wrong diameter, hence won't push the release tabs in. Is that the mustard then?