View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 530I
Dynamic Drive Malfunction / Inoperative

Will try the DSC next time it happenss. I was tempted to go after the computer, but the fact it is two different messages is bothersome, though it is always seemingly an issue with the Dynamic Drive - just sometimes the malfunction light and sometimes the Inop light.

You really think the dealer would be 'easter-egging' a fix as well - without any codes? Surely they have seen something similar. Anyone else out there with input?

SOMETIMES fate just works out for you! Yesterday, I ran out of washer fluid, got the light, and refilled. Coincidentally, the washers quit working at that exact same time! I was all set for a trip down diagnisis lane, but when I raised the hood, the passenger side supply hose was disconnected! A simple shortening of the hose by half an inch and reconnect and all washer woes are gone! WHY, oh WHY, can't something like that happen with the Active Drive System? I am bothered by the fact it started immediately after the storage period, and am sure I was not experiencing the failure up to the day I put the car in storage.