Thread: Coolant leak
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:49 PM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Funny i came across this , they Told me $285 bucks to swap the lower radiator hose on my 750LI .. I have just replaced the hose ($35 bucks later ) and still leaking , I Knew for sure the dumb A$$ tech i spoke with was wrong as i told him face to face it can't be the house and could very well be the sensor O ring . Thanks for the info guys .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLAZE View Post
This same exact thing happened to me about three weeks ago. It is the Temp sensor and all I had to do was replace the Temp Sensor O-Ring with one from Home Depot. The E46 has the same exact temp sensor and the O-rings fail all the time. I found a DIY on the internet and the correct O-rings to purchase are the Danco #31 O-rings that come in a pack of 10.

I'll stop by later today and give you one Superhart, since you live about 3 minutes away... All you have to do to replace it is unclip the temperature sensor from the wire harness and lift it out of the top of the engine bay. Remove the old O-ring and place this one on there in its place. No leaks ever again! You should have called me yesterday before you did all of this because I would have given you the hookup!

So Home Depot has these O rings ? I need to pick one up in a bit or should i just buy the sensor from BMW Tomorrow ?
Thanks again fellas
Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
(N54 E82 135i) JB4 ISO FBO, 434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F

Last edited by M4XBMW7; 11-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.