View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj View Post
I am getting the space saver tire and passing on multi-contour seat. I understand it does not cost much and is very comfortable, but I don't feel strongly enough to go for it. It was a tough call.. Thanks for the recommendation

The dealer is replacing RFTs with OEM approved regular tires. He tells that BMW will not have an issue in taking the vehicle back with these tires since they are OEM approved. He says he has done it for many customers and knows what he is talking about - also happens to be forum sponsor.
Suraj,

I have a hard time believing this... Make sure you get it in writing that he will pay for replacement RFT's if the dealer refuses to take the vehicle back with non-RFT's.

Additionally, are you aware that the RFT's are worth $2000? What happens to the original tires? If he is replacing them them Continental ExtremeContact DWS (best choice) then he is basically pocketing $900. The Contis cost $1100 installed from Discount Tire, the Dunlop RFT's are worth $2000. No wonder he is offering to replace them for "free". Ask him what he is doing with the RFT's and tell him you plan to keep them. See what he says...

Make sure you find out what tires he is planning to put on the car... Don't accept anything other than Conti DWS or Michelin Tour HP's.

Also, on the multi contour seats, make sure you go sit in a Sports Activity X5 with the Sports Seats and get in/out multiple times. They will probably be fine for you, but best to check

Gone but not forgotten:
2008 E60 535i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)
2006 E90 330i (Jet Black / Sand Beige)
2003 E46 325i (Black Sapphire / Natural Brown)

Last edited by Matt_UKTX; 11-21-2011 at 09:31 PM.